Four new NSW Junior Champions have been crowned in pumping waves at Sandon Point today in the Woolworths NSW Junior Titles presented by Ocean & Earth.
For Oceanna Rogers (JB Boardriders) it was an epic day. Rogers was defending Under 18's Champion and defended her title in style. It was a near-perfect 9.5 wave that she took from behind the point that helped secure her win.

"Oceanna's wave was huge, a set wave from the back of the point, three major manoeuvres from the outside right through to the boat ramp where the judges couldn't even see her anymore. She was a standout all event," said Surfing NSW Judge Talina Wilson.

Dom Thomas (Newcastle) charged ahead in the Under 18 semi-final, eliminating world junior athlete Eden Hasson (Port Stephens) and Xavier Bryce (Northern Beaches), before a near-perfect 9.9 opening wave in the final gave him the early advantage.

The finalists worked hard in the lineup to find waves of opportunity but Thomas's backup wave of 5.45 kept him well ahead of the field, including Harley Walters (Angourie), Harry O'Brien (Lennox Head) and Hughie Vaughan (Central Coast) who had excellent scores throughout each round but didn't have the waves in his favour for the final.

In the Under 16 Boys it was fellow Hunter athlete Felix Byrnes (Merewether), son of shaper Joe Byrnes, who has returned home from a trip to Indonesia with renewed energy and confidence in the water. The 14-year-old had a tough semi final heat against an in-form field including Cronulla's Kash Brown who won the semi with a 9.5 wave.

The pair met Sol Gruendling (Northern Beaches) and Ryan Conti (South Coast) in the finals after defeating local favourite Sammy Lowe. Byrnes and Gruendling went wave-for-wave in the final, but it was the former who found a pair of 7's to seal his first State Title.

Milla Brown (Northern Beaches), who also had an amazing run of waves and scores this week, was crowned the Under 16's Champion with three great scores in a tough final against local favourite Shyla Short (Illawarra). Short started strong and held the lead for majority of the heat but was unlucky not to find a third wave to better her five-point-score. Brown edged ahead in the last five seconds of the final to cause a local upset.